| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2013 Posts: 29 | I've got a friend who wants disk brakes on his 48 3/4 ton pickup. It's got 8 lug wheels. Is there any aftermarket kit to solve this problem? I've looked at several suppliers sites but came up empty. Thanks Mike | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,961 | A 1/2 ton uses the same springs as a 3/4 ton in front and the whole axle from a 1/2 ton will fit and disc brakes are available. But of course that will leave him with 6 hole in front and 8 in back. A 55 and later half ton complete rear axle will fit in the rear with very little modification. If he is going to disc brakes, I wouldn't think he would mind 6 hole wheels all the way around. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 34 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 34 | There is a listing on eBay for 3/4 ton 8 lug disc brake conversion. I am waiting for some one to try it first....... | | | | | Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 1 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 1 | I've got a 52 3/4 ton and I'm currently rebuilding the front axle. Was having a really hard time finding drums for those Huck brakes but I recently acquired a rear diff from a nissan titan and really considered that. They use rear disc so the fronts will need to be changed to disc as well. After some research I found the late 80's to 90's 2500s have 6 lugs and they are the rotor and hub together with bearing on them. I was going to try and get it mounted to the spindle and a bracket to mount a caliper. That was really the only idea I had for disc brakes on the 3/4 ton. Maybe an 8 lug rotor/hub could be fitted to the spindles and then just a custom mounting bracket for the caliper | | | | | Joined: May 2013 Posts: 29 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2013 Posts: 29 | I just looked at the Ebay kit. Said it was for 1955 thru 1959 3/4 ton trucks. My truck is a 1948. I wonder how much different the spindle is between a 48 and a 55? Would a 55 spindle fit a 48 axle? Anyone know the sizes of those kingpins? Where could I look for that information? Thanks, Mike | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 34 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 34 | | | |
| |
| |