Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 | Insured my bolt for the next year and got her out of the shop yesterday. Took a load to recycle. Some of the big for wheel drive pickup boys looked a little disdainful at her thinking that maybe she should go in the metal recycle bin. She ran well but idle is a bit fast for the automatic transmission. So if Anyone in the Cowichan Valley sees a faded red 53 3100 on the road thats me. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 | I'm thinking of insuring mine today. Seeing more rods out with the sun shining. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 | Hi John Bought Nostalgia in Abbotsford from a guy close to the border. Went to get off the Duke point ferry and Id run out of gas. Ferry guys pushed me off and gave me some gas to get to a gas station. The gas gauge now works. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 | Post some pics, maybe I will reconize it. I bought mine on Bainbridge Island in the states, a ferry ride from Seattle. On my way home I tried starting it to get off the ferry, it would not start, panic set in and I was using words I don't usially use. Finally it caught and I drove the rest of the way home. I find ferries bad luck. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 | Ill post some pics once I figure out how the Gazilvadorch coordinates with the Kaladistan. Oh Ill have to use my digital camera first wont I. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 | It worked fine Stan.Good looking truck.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 | Yes, a fine looking truck. I don't recall seeing it around. How long ago did you buy it? It's in nice shape. I don't post pictures because I can't seem to get it to go.
John | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 | I bought it about six months ago. The truck was unlicensed at the time so may have been off the road for a while. At the time the wipers didn't work nor the heater. Put in electric wipers and got the heater running. It had an ugly channel iron rear bumper which is gone. A lot of old farm trucks didn't have bumpers. Took it in for a safety check and there are a few other things I have to do but thats what its all about.
Stan | | | | | Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 33 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 33 | I have a '53 GMC that came up from Oregon and needs to be safety checked before I can get it registered and insured here in B.C. Any suggestions on where to take it? I need to replaced a couple cracked windows and do a few repairs before this happens but hopefully I can get it o the road for summer. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 | I believe most licensed mechanics can do the inspection. Phone around to local garages to find one thats certified. I had mine checked for my own piece of mind.
Stan | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 | this is your first post.Tell us where you live in B.C.That will help to give an answer Boyd | | | | | Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 33 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 33 | I'm In Maple Ridge. Going over to the Old Car Centre tomorrow to pick up a parts catalogue. I'd post a pic of the truck but don't know how so far. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 843 | Call Perkins Brothers Automotive.Maple Ridge | | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 305 | The inspection is very intence. No rust holes No rips in the seat Wipers, lights, blinkers, etc. must work. Check all you can before you go. Brakes, wheel bearings, exhaust. It's not fair. If it was reg. here and you bought it and insured for the higher GVW, you could drive it no matter what the condition. Good luck! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 | The B.S. you have to go through to get a vehicle in from the States is the reason I didn't get one down there. Yes you can drive a tin can with one headlight if its already registered here.
Stan | | | | | Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 33 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 33 | I figure I have a bit of work to do before I take it in for government approved inspection. All the import customs paperwork came with the truck so that shouldn't be a problem, I hope. I picked up some window rubbers in Langley yesterday so I can replace the windshield and back window which are cracked. I suppose an auto glass place will cut me some new glass if I take to old glass in to use as a pattern. Back brakes are good but still having a tough time getting the screws out of the front drums to get them off. Lots of other stuff to do as well. Wipers, a couple small rust holes, shocks etc and yes it is B.S. when you look at some of the junk on the road. I wonder if it needs Aircare? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 863 | pull the dustcap and cotterpin/bearings to remove the front drums... | | | | | Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 33 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2014 Posts: 33 | Thanks 58, I'll try that. The bearings probably need inspecting and repacking anyway. Nice firetruck you have there. A couple of my mates and I rebuilt a 1947 ford (am I allowed to say the "f" word here) which was Maple Ridges first engine back in the day. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 15 | Hello Stan T - that is a great looking truck! I'm in North Cowichan and would enjoy connecting with you. You can email me directly at [email protected] and we can connect. Cheers Dave
1955 CDN built 1435 one ton panel (#275 of 408 built) | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 139 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 139 | I have brought plenty of vehicles up from the U.S. over the years and would rather have them inspected than have the brakes fail on some old piece of crap bought locally and just stupidly buy insurance and attempt to drive it. ff71 you must be referring to that gorgeous firetruck at the 227th street firehall. I'm at the end of Fletcher and 123rd. no to aircare in the 1st year after being brought up from the states as it hasn't been registered yet and by year two there shouldn't be any more aircare as they keep threatening.
call me if you need a hand or parts as i have a 53 p/u and the odd spare part. i used sapperton motors beside the Maple RIdge claim centre for the inspection on my 55 last year and had no problems
1947 Studebaker M15 on 76 GMC one ton dually chassis with 454 4 spd 1953 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u 1957 Oldsmobile 88 2dr hardtop 1959 B130 International one ton dually | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | Stan T it is indeed a nice truck! There was a red one like yours in Victoria a few years back but think it may have been a 3/4 ton. Longer bed. Fellow at the gas station where I saw said it belonged to an American living here but was very reclusive. I presume you will be going to the Duncan truck show. I won't as there is a great hot rod show in Port Angeles that same weekend. If you drive it down to Victoria let me know. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 125 | Hi Sedgewick. I thought the Truck Show was for the big boys. Ill have a look anyway as its almost walking distance. Im picking up Nostalgia this AM from SF Auto in Mill Bay. Had the king pins done. SF likes old vehicles and has served me well. If I get over the Malahat with her Ill let you know. Again I might take the Mill Bay Ferry. Cheers Stan | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | There are big boys at the show but as many small trucks. I think they have or had a web site. Its a fun event. Going north over the Malahat is okay but coming south you encounter a lot of impatient drivers. I had considered using the ferry for that leg too. Bill | | |
| |