The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (KEVINSKI, ronsway, Otto Skorzeny, Greg_H, 1955 1 Series, TrknGMC, TooMany2count), 157 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,481
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10228 12/11/2002 3:03 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 14
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 14
Does anyone know where I can get a heater core for a 1953 Chevrolet pickup? The one I have is leaking and the local radiator shop can't repair it. Does anyone know of a place that can repair it? Thanks

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Is this the economy with a round core or the deluxe with a rectangular core? Some of the on-line vendors sell the rectangular core. I was told the economy core is not available and most of the old ones are not repairable. frown


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
#10230 12/11/2002 11:01 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
Any radiator shop worth it's dip tank can order new cores in any size they want. Find a better shop.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
There is a thread on here somewhere and OldCarKook supplied the name and number of a shop that has them. I think I also saw them on Jim Carter's website. My rad shop told me the same thing so I attempted my own repair, which held air pressure after. Some years from now I will test it for real.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 122
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 122
Melvin,

I believe Golden State Parts has heater cores. 800-235-5717. But lots of $$$


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0