The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Woodcmiami, Bill Hanlon), 100 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1022257 04/17/2014 1:47 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,214
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,214
After weighing all the options and desired results, I sprang for a period correct OEM oil bath AC. I knew it was orange when I purchased it and decided to mount it up and check clearances etc., before I took it off and repainted it black.
Well the orange has grown on me. I figure if I repaint the oil filter can the original yellow I'll have some psychodelic high performance thing going on under the hood grin
Whattya think?
Dave

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 233
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 233
Dave, I like your truck and the shop.


1953 Chevy 3100
261 and SM420
53Chevy 3100
1953 Mack Firetruck
1972 Porsche 911
1986 Honda Goldwing
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
Mine is black on the bottom and yellow for the insert. At least I know where it is..:)


Steve H
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
Shouldn't have any trouble finding it in the dark. grin


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 872
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 872
Neon light under the air cleaner is the only way to roll. Bonus points if you can get it to light from the ignition coil.

Don't forget the 18in subs in the bed and spinners. You ain't jack if you ain't spinnin. grin grin

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 863
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 863
I've painted mine black.....but LIKE the ORANGE!!


"Pay attention to the details! It ALWAYS pays off."

1949 Chevrolet 3100 Series 1/2 ton Pickup
1964 Chevrolet C10 (Ol' Yella) (SOLD)
1958 Chevrolet Biscayne 2 door (SOLD)
1970 VW Beetle

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0