| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,457 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 23 | So I have read some other posts and they have stated that the bushings are full floating in the spindle and not pressed in . Is that for the 1/2 ton only? I'm looking at my Chevy shop manual and it states that they are pressed in page 3-9. It also states to align the hole in the bushing with the grease fitting . I have read numerous times that the hole is on the opposite side of the grease fitting to allow the grease to get to the other side of the bushing. Though I do see grooves in the bushings that look like that is what they are for.
Thanks Paul | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 | Floating bushings were only on the 1/2 ton..... John | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 23 | Thanks! Anything on the bushings? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 | Only thing I can say is the grooves do allow for the grease to get around inside the bushings. On 3/4 ton and up the bushings are pressed in and then you need to ream them for fit to the king pins.
John | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 23 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 23 | Yeah I did notice my old bushings are in with the hole the opposite side of the grease fitting but the manual says to align the whole with the grease fitting. Not sure if they had been replaced sometime in the last 65 years and were put in wrong or that is how they are suppose to be. Like I said I had read on the floating bushings they go in the hole opposite of the grease fitting so......
paul | | |
| |
| |