So I got this truck about 2 months ago literally out of a barn and have gone after the front end king pins bushings and brakes, So far I have it apart doing cleaning and painting along the way while waiting for parts to come and had an idea that I want to run by the veterans of this site (I am a newbe to old trucks)What I did while I have the front leaf packs out is took the first, Second and fourth leafs out to get the front down some.
I don't intend for it to be a daily driver but do intend to drive it to car shows and to work here and there, Whats your thoughts on pulling 3 leafs to get it down some, The truck is a 41 with those large wheel well front fenders and my intentions are to get it to look a bit street rod rat rod, Here are a few pics of it ...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/41%20Chevy%20truck/home_zpse813fe7b.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/41%20Chevy%20truck/axlework_zpse76c8707.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/41%20Chevy%20truck/springpack_zps2b18920d.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/41%20Chevy%20truck/newwheels_zpsd844db03.jpg

This is it in the barn since 1996...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/41%20Chevy%20truck/41chev002_zpsdb6d7a06.jpg

In the garage after a pressure washing...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/SkipsPics/41%20Chevy%20truck/home5_zps1617b356.jpg

Thanks!
Skip


1946 Chevy small block truck
1941 Chevy 3/4-Ton -- sold Sept. 2014 | "Ole Rusty" | In the Stovebolt Gallery