The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 149 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 178
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 178
I once repaired the cracks in a Jaguar 120 steering wheel with just body filler and thick grey primer. It looked great when finished in gloss black, but I never got to see it years down the road. On my AD I'm trying this Loctite epoxy gel into the cracks after I ground out a groove for it to sit in. I was told this stuff will sit tight and not run away on you. Any input, should I go ahead, or are there better ideas around? Steering wheel


Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
I used JB Stik epoxy putty. It stays where you put it and sands just like the material the wheel is made of. Easy to work with.

Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 178
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 178
Thanks, the Loctite epoxy is working well, but requires my 90 degree die grinding sander to get thru quickly. I've only done the backside of the wheel so far, I'll try the JB on the front next.


Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 6
J
JAW Offline
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 6
Most likely I'm too late with this post...
But, I used POR 15 Epoxy Putty to fix the steering wheel for my 54' Chevy. It worked great, easy to apply and sand.

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 144
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 144
I've used plain old JB Weld, but V-d the crack and drilled small divot-like holes in the crack sideways to give it somewhere to creep into and try to get a toe hold. So far, so good, 2 wheels nearly a decade ago.


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0