The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Woodcmiami), 86 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#972246 09/17/2013 3:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
I know someone out there has installed a dual reservoir Master cylinder in a 1942 half ton truck.
I just took the old MC out cuz there's no brakes at all.
before I rebuild that, I was wondering if anybody had advice and or pictures of a dual mc set up for these older trucks. It looks like there is info on this for trucks after 47 but not specifically for the art deco years

Last edited by wizard42; 09/25/2013 2:27 PM.
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
Hello Wizard42 - I have the same question for a '40 1/2 ton. Did you find anyone out there with a conversion? I too have searched and could not find any turnkey solutions.

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 170
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 170
I've looked through every vendor and there is no turnkey MC for a half ton 41-46. I'm assuming this is due to the MC being mounted to the transmission. If ever a source became available I'll be in line.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 9
I still have not addresed it (truck is in the body shop) but if you send me your emasil I can send you the pictures Kirk Culver sent me on the Bracket he Built.

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
PM sent.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0