| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,510 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 566 | I am totally new to this area of my restoration. I am doing a frame off restoration on my 1956 Chevrolet pickup 3100 shortbed with the big back window. It was a farm truck that was sitting in the field for about 20 years. I have had the frame powder coated black and now I'm getting ready to send the body out for repair and paint.
I had my original rims powder coated with a super wet red and the color that matches my rims are 2010, 2011, & 2012 Honda/Acura Exterior Color R513 Liberty Rallye Red. That's why I did not go with a viper red or victory red. The paint supply store recommended this.
1 Gallon of DuPont Nason Select Prime 421-19 (gray) 2K Urethane Primer-Filler (NAS421-19/G)
1 Gallon of Omni MTK/MBC Mix (DOXC/G) For 2010, 2011, & 2012 Honda/Acura Exterior Color R513 Liberty Rallye Red (L), -4=(H)
1 Gallon of Omni Medium Reducer MR186 (DOSMR186/G)
1 Quart of DuPont Nason Urethane Activator 421-17 (NAS483-87/Q)
1 Gallon of DuPont Chromaclear G2-7779S Multi-Mix Panel & Overall Clearcoat (Urethane Clearcoat DPSG27779S/G)
1 Quart of DuPont Chromabase Activator-Reducer (80º F - 90º F) for Chromasystem 4:1 (DPS7785S/G
Are they on the right track?
Am I forgetting anything other than shop supplies such as tape, paper and sand paper?
Anyone have experiences with Omni?
How many coats of clear should I put on?
Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. My goal is to make it really look good but not for wining shows just for me. I am trying to keep it affordable.
Thanks guys
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen 56 Chevy 3100 | | |
| |
| |