The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, Still At It), 159 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
I've ordered what I hope is everything to rebuild my headlight buckets for my GMC. The one thing I'm not sure of is the attachment of the springs that hold it in. My old ones are more rust than anything but they're together and I'll use it for reference but the springs look to be attached with some kind of rivet. Any words of wisdom for when I start this from you guys that have done it. I've got some decent buckets to start with just need to add my incoming new parts. The springs are what I most need help. Thanks in advance.Larry

Maybe I should have put this is Electical.

Last edited by LarryW; 03/05/2014 2:38 PM.

58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,901
Not sure these will help but it's what I have...
pic 1
pic 2


Give me ambiguity
or give me something else
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
Thanks Caso, the mailman answered my question just now. One of the buckets I've got looks like that too. I had to replace a spring on my 66 and didn't work like I thought. The springs I ordered from Jim Carter came with a small loop on the mounting end. The picture in the catalogue shows a straight end, no way to put a small screw through it to mount it. But what Jim Carter sent me makes sense and what I thought was going to be a tuff fix should be easy. I really like having multiple places to order for my old truck, if one doesn't have it the other does.Larry


58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0