The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (55shaker, Bruce 1954-4100, Hanks custodian, Gdads51, BC59, Cletus1950, cmayna, 3800GUY), 126 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,253
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1009645 02/25/2014 3:17 AM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
This question I have probably has a really simple answer but her we go anyways. I ordered the new cardboard like headliner for my truck that came in 2 pieces, what is the easiest way to go about installing it correctly? I ask because I want to have it right the first time and also I figure some of you guys have done it a time or 2. 

Thanks

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
Do the front half first, then the back. I used an awl, started from one side, lining up the headliner as best I could and using an awl through the holes in the metal trim, through the headliner, then into the screw hole in the truck. Once the hole is made put your screw in, and just work your way across. Same for the back. You can start in the middle and work outward if you want to. I just bent it carefully and had no creasing. There was some swearing but it wasn't all that difficult.

I did the trim across the front of the headliner, then across the back of the back piece, then the trim along the top of the doors.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0