| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
149
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 178 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 178 | I once repaired the cracks in a Jaguar 120 steering wheel with just body filler and thick grey primer. It looked great when finished in gloss black, but I never got to see it years down the road. On my AD I'm trying this Loctite epoxy gel into the cracks after I ground out a groove for it to sit in. I was told this stuff will sit tight and not run away on you. Any input, should I go ahead, or are there better ideas around? Steering wheel
Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 217 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 217 | I used JB Stik epoxy putty. It stays where you put it and sands just like the material the wheel is made of. Easy to work with. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 178 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 178 | Thanks, the Loctite epoxy is working well, but requires my 90 degree die grinding sander to get thru quickly. I've only done the backside of the wheel so far, I'll try the JB on the front next.
Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac? - George Carlin
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 6 | Most likely I'm too late with this post... But, I used POR 15 Epoxy Putty to fix the steering wheel for my 54' Chevy. It worked great, easy to apply and sand. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 144 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 144 | I've used plain old JB Weld, but V-d the crack and drilled small divot-like holes in the crack sideways to give it somewhere to creep into and try to get a toe hold. So far, so good, 2 wheels nearly a decade ago. | | |
| |
| |