| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,338 Members48,440 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2012 Posts: 506 | I finally got the fuel gauge working in my 58 Suburban. I had to get a replacement fuel sending unit from Jim Carter Trucks. You probably recall my difficulties with getting a replacement sender. For the longest time, nobody sold a direct replacement for the TF Suburban/Panel tanks. I finally found a replacement from JC. Problem was they were manufactured with the wrong resistance sender. They had 90 ohms instead of 30. I brought the old one back to the store and got a refund. During the Stovebolt Reunion this year I spoke to Jim about the issue and he told me that he got the corrected units back from the manufacturer. I finally got around to buying one and dropping/remounted the tank. I am happy to report that it works like a charm. I finally have a functional fuel gauge. If you in the market for a new sending unit, Jim is your man.
Thanks
Larry
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | I had the same problem. I also spoke with Jim in KC. He gave me the correct unit, I still need to crawl up in there to replace it. You're making progress, Larry, don't stop now... | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Thanks for the update-report, Larry
I agree that Jim Carter is one of the best friends to old GM truck owners. I have never had a situation where he/his-company did not do there best to make good on any product they sell.
| | |
| |
| |