| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
108
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 | How thick are the isolator pads (the flat ones) on the 41 thru 46 cab mounts? Thanks, Scott | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | I'll be at my shop tomorrow and measure mine if you would like. I got all of mine new with the kit. I'm guessing 1/4" but will measure if you like. Dave 1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 | That would be great. I'm thinking I will make my own kit, but don't have any samples of the original pads. Also what keeps them from turning and getting cockeyed over time? Thanks Scott | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | I don't know the specific part, but would the pressure between the cab and the mount not keep them in place? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 | I don't know if they will move or not, but since they sit on the frame with only one bolt each, and the rear 4 cab mount bolts are spring loaded I suspect there is the potential for that. I'm just wondering if that is an issue anyone has encountered. Scott | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | better question Scott, is why would the [bolted] pads moving be an "issue"? if they did happen to turn they would still be "isolating" metal from metal, they can't get lost
Bill | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 170 | I guess I'm just anal. I suppose I could just make 2 long ones then it won't be an issue. I didn't think of that before. LOL! Scott | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | Sorry I didn't get back, I keep forgetting. The thickness is .180 I tried to measure an old one but could not find one in an easy place to measure it. Dave 1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | |
| |
| |