Hi guys
Currently having major hassles with the turn signals on my 63 GMC Fleetside.
Basically, when I have the switch in the middle position, I get only the left-side stop light working. Switch the right turn signal on even without ignition on) and only then will the right stop light work.
Since I'm getting power to the lamp (and going by the guides on the 6066GMC site) I've figured it must be the switch that's faulty. However, these switches are pretty hard to come by, and I really don't want to change the column as the truck is wholly original.
The Chevy switch looks the same (half-moon connector blocks, seven wires but different colors) but I'm told the two don't inter-fit. Has anyone adapted one, and if so, how to do it please?
Alternatively, if anyone has a good switch in their garage I'd like to buy it.
thanks
Kev