Think the "mini" in Mini-HEI is differentiating it from the larger bodied HEI distributors that are most commonly seen in the later model engines. It looks like a STOCK 235 distributor but minus the points.

The Mini-HEI for 235 engines is a small bodied HEI that is used in early S-10's (2.8's) that has been fitted with the correct length/diameter shaft, and internals to mate up with the cam and oil pump.

I've seen some data on modifying a 250 large bodied HEI, grind a little here and there, put a clamp here, adjust this till.....

I'm sure it has been done, but I know there is a whole lot more to getting it right, than luck. If you've ever had to replace a cam because the dist. drive gear was chewed up, or lost the whole shooting match because the oil pump drive shaft was out of alignment and snapped, you'll know what I mean.

Some things are best left to those who know what they're doing. If you really feel that the HEI is going to improve performance in a 235 I'd spend the money for one matched to that engine.
That's my story...and I'm sticking to it!!!

Dave


Webshot "Tips and tricks" and "Shoebox" Photo Albums

EXPERIENCE is the best teacher...but it gives the test first...and the lesson afterwards.

"What this generation tolerates...the next will embrace"