Greetings fellow Bolters... I am a newbie to the forum. What a great resource.

I have a 52 GMC 270 that was converted to a 12V neg ground system by the prior owner. This weekend I installed a Pertonix Ignitor and Flamethrower Coil to try and help my cold starting issues. When removing the old coil I noticed that not only was it wired backwards, but it was a 6V coil to boot (Borg-Warner E80 6volts). The wire from the ignition through the ballast was connected to the negative post, while the wire from the distributor was connected to the positive post. Since he truck did run, I guess the reversed wiring is not a big deal, but I didn't think that a 6V coil would work in a 12V system.

Anyone have any insight in this?

Good news is that by following the instructions, I got the Bolt fired up.

Thanks for the insight, and happy bolting.