I am considering putting one in place of the 350/350 combo in my brothers 40 3/4 ton.
I would like to see the lower rad outlet.
I just installed one in a 65 long bed for a customer this summer, it was a truck motor and we left it stock and ran a 4L65E, vintage air and dakota digital dash. It is a perfect driver, I put app 200 miles on it back and forth to the shop to make sure there weren't any bugs and it was awesome. Not as fast as my 468 powered 37, but so far a great daily driver
As for cost here, we picked up the under 100k 5.3L from a 2000 pickup and trans complete fan to driveshaft with harness and all the acc for $1300. Guy in Tulsa redid the harness and computer for $350, I did the rest. When the yard gets full on the 5.3's they put them on sale for app $500 each.
1937 GMC T16 468 BBC th350, 4.10 1941 Dodge COE 5.9 cummins, 9 speed roadranger 1947 Diamond T COE, hercules and 4 spd, all original 1955 Chevy LCF 9.0L IH diesel AT545 1962 Corvair (Elsie) 1967 Jeepster Commando 1968 K10 1970 Chevy C50 box truck |