| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,337 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 153 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2002 Posts: 153 | I bought a new tie rod from Classic Performance Products. I bought two sets of the "modern" tie rod ends (I don't remember who I bought them from). I cut down the original tie rod and made a drag link. My set up required a 13/16" x 16 die and a 2" die holder. JTS Machinery and Supply. Die Holder (copy and paste): https://www.jtsmachine.com/jtswebshop/Taps_Dies/T215.asp#holderDies (copy and paste): https://www.jtsmachine.com/jtswebshop/Taps_Dies/T126.asp#2
Last edited by 46SortaStock; 10/29/2013 2:44 AM.
1946 Chevy Half Ton ('56 235, '86 T5, '79 Camaro Z28 rear end, working on the '85 Jaguar XJ6 IFS) 1976 Margay Panther X, MC91B | | |
| |
| |