Originally Posted by Achipmunk
jorb, how does one tell from the picture if its a 54 or 55 first series? I'm just curious
Is it the hood emblems?
Yes, It is one of the differences between the 54 & 55 1st series trucks
3100 1953-1954 Hood side emblem
3100 1955 (1st Series) Hood side emblem I can't find a 55 1st 3800 reproduction emblem.
But while looking at picture I think it says 3800 1 ton, rather than 3100 1/2 ton.
The 3800 1 ton panel truck is longer between door strike pillar and the front of the rear fender than the 3100 1/2 ton truck.
That is what I think the picture shows.
Check drivers side door hinge pillar riveted on ID plate, on bottom of plate, there will be letters and numbers like:
H55K099999 or L55K099999
H = 3100
L = 3800
55 = year
K = Kansas build plant
0999990 = units number
The plate will ID the truck for sure. If its still there.
With all the roof and fender lights on it could have been a paddy wagon.
A long 1 ton can hold a lot of crooks. nono