| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,311 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | Would like to know what the wrong lubricant is? But if it's oil like, you need to drain. Undo the front plate. It's sitting down hill so it will drain. Put the bearing back has you found it, make a new gasket if old is damaged. They don't leak with correct lube. Now some trivia: I use 90 Wt gear oil and chassis grease, mixed to peanut butter. You need the oil and the grease. I "pack it" about 90% full.......Book says "bring level up to filler plug opening when in operational position". Then I cycle it to crush air bubbles, to fill all cavities and to obtain 90% full. The only lubes available now are John Deere corn head grease, Penrite (hard to find), Lubriplate Mag 00. I make my own. I always take them apart and clean/inspect/adjust them anyway. Let us know what you bought as the "right stuff". Good nite.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | |
| |
| |