First be patient with me....I'm an engine idiot but I'm trying to learn not to be an engine idiot.

Secondly, I checked my valves and set them to the shop manual specs. While looking at my distributor, I noticed the number one wire was at the six o'clock position. Isn't it supposed to be at the one o'clock position or doesn't that matter? All the plugs went to the proper cylinders according to the firing pattern.

Third, I put my new vacuum gauge on the engine and it showed 15.5 inches pretty much steady at idle. Now that being said if I subtract 1" per 1000' asl, that would really be 18.5"s because my house is around 3500' asl...correct? As I turned the distributor the vacuum didn't move but the engine began to run worse either direction.

I'm pretty sure the engine, or part of it has been rebuilt due to the not correct orange paint. But I'm struggling trying to get this engine to run properly. The good part is it starts the brakes finally work!!!

Bruce


My Trucks
Stuff I Collect
If it doesn't matter if you win or loose.......why do they keep score?