| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Rusty Rod),
80
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 3 | Sounds more like the seal is not installed correctly and is causing to much friction to turn, rather than to much torque on the bolts. There is a rope seal (wick seal) installation too. But you can also use a steal rod to ensure the seal is pushed into the grove all the way. I'm not sure how you get the top half in without taking the crankshaft down. I have not put a rear seal in a motor unless I had the engine out. I know you can do it with the engine in just seems easier for me to pull the motor.
Blackcloud 1940 Chevy Pickup 235 inline six
| | |
| |
| |