| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, Wally / Montana, Jeff Ogden, Peggy M, amtrakjoe, moparguy, mvigo, walter74),
83
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,702 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2013 Posts: 5 | I replaced the rope seals in my 1940 Chev Special Deluxe. I did not find a seal in the upper part of the bearing, also no material parts were in the oil strainer or oil pan. The lower seal was worn and split. I slid one of the seals in the top and fitted the other seal in the groove of the lower bearing cap. I worked it into the groove as instructed. I torqued the 4 bolts on the cap to 100 ft lbs and installed the oil pan and added the oil. The starter would not turn over the engine. Battery is good. I backed off the 2 rear bearing bolts on the cap and the engine turns over very slowly. I may have to drop the oil pan and loosen the 2 front bolts on the bearing cap. Before I do that I have to ask if 100 lbs of torque was too much? Any other assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Last edited by John1940Chev; 09/14/2013 5:16 PM.
| | |
| |
| |