| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (JW51, Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, UtahYork, Rusty Rod, Ponchogl, Lonnie, Southerntruck, Cosmo),
282
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,129 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2013 Posts: 3 | I just recently joined the forum. After years of me giving mom a hard time, about my dads 40 Chevy pickup siting in the drive way. She finally allowed me to bring it home. I learned to drive in this pickup and have always wanted to have it. My dad drove it everywhere. It is all original except the engine which is a 235 vice the 216. Its been parked in my garage for the last fifteen years and a few weeks ago I woke up and said to my wife Im putting the 40 back on the road, if dad could drive it every day to work so can I. I have lots to do its pretty old but still sound, it ran when I parked it but I think I will go thru the engine before starting it up. I need lots of parts for it starting with a wire harness (may have to build my own). If anyone knows some good places for original parts, by all means let me know.
Last edited by Achipmunk; 09/12/2013 4:38 PM.
Blackcloud 1940 Chevy Pickup 235 inline six
| | |
| |
| |