I have never stopped. While moving from Ohio to GA and now GA to NY I have bypassed scales with:
1964 F250(16' flatbed) w/18' trailer, both loaded (multiple trips north and south to GA and NY)
1951 IH L190 wrecker w/1960 R190 tandem semi behind (OH to GA)
1951 IH L190 wrecker w/1948 KB8 behind (GA to NY)
1960 IH R190 tandem semi w/ 45' loaded van trailer(GA to NY)

No one has ever chased me down. The scales are for commercial vehicles not privately owned non-commercial. GA says all trucks enter...but the scales are run by the motor carrier enforcement division....obviously commercial enforcement.

I find it hard to believe any state would require a CDL for a non-commercial vehicle regardless of weight. A CDL is for COMMERCIAL use. Ohio does not require a CDL or special license regardless of weight, GA has a Class E & F (non-commercial class A & B), NY does not require a CDL....but then I do have to register my trucks as commercial-go figure.

Tad


1946 Chevy OS 1.5ton, 1955 GMC 3100, along with other various IH,Ford,Nash,MGB,.....