Hi Super55, it was a good show, we were the group probably disturbing everyone listening, laughing, and having a good time catching up with friends sitting in the bleachers, nice to be surrounded by grassy areas, Chilliwack was great especially in bad weather going indoors but it felt like a big parking lot outside.
Not sure what you mean about keeping the original inner and outer piece, I had to remove and replace all 3 pieces to bring things back to good metal. They didn't fit exactly so I had to reshape and weld some metal to the inner cowl to close the gap, feels good to see the fiberglass and rusty metal in the scrap pile.
I did check out KMS and that could be an alternative, not sure if we could have more warmer weather as I'm tempted to spray on an epoxy primer under the canopy where 'Blanche' resides. Best of luck with your project, would like to see your truck sometime.