| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (wilbur53, KEVINSKI, Wayne67vert, Lostbuthaulinass, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, Peggy M, tclederman, 1 invisible),
104
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,478 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 133 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2011 Posts: 133 | I have a "55" 235 with dual carbs using W-1 684S. I set the timing using a vacuum gauge by advancing the distributor until the vacuum reached the highest point and backed it off 1". The vacuum is 18". The carbs are balanced and the truck runs great except for one problem. When I come to a quick stop from say 30 mph the engine want to die. It will start right up and idle fine. If I come to a slower rolling stop it continues to idle ok. I recently adjusted the floats on the carbs due to gas leaking when the engine was first shut down and causing flooding. Float adjustment so far has stopped that problem but now I have this engine wanting to die at a stop. Both carbs were rebuilt. 95% of the time the engine runs great. Where do I start to look for a cure for the problem?
If you never tell a lie, you never need to remember what you said.
| | |
| |
| |