Hi, I am re-new to the Forum. About 12 years ago , I was a member and got busy with other hobbies. I am back to my old truck. I have lots of questions about tires:I have a 51 Chevy truck with 216 . It is all original. I have the original wheels with tire tubes. Size is 6.50 X 16 I have been lucky to not have to replace them in the last 12 years. Now I need a new tire and a tube replaced on another wheel.

I have been told that the old wheel with a tubeless tire will not hold air unless it is sanded/powdercoated/ and welded around the valve stem to make it air tight.

Could I get a tubeless tire and still use a tube in it? Should I buy a modern 6 lug wheel and get modern tires? What is the equivalent modern size? I have read maybe is 205-225 X 75 or 85. When I look online for equivalent tires, I see trailer tires, can these be used on these trucks? If I get radials, could I put just two radials on the rear tires for now?

Last question: Anybody know a good parts/service source in the Austin, Texas area? The businesses I contacted locally are not too interested in the classic trucks.

Thanks for your help and sorry about all the questions.

Midge