if you really want the seat as is I would
take it and see what would be involved in cutting/notching
a hole forward of where it is and off the ridge, and make it lay flat and level
you might be able to do it yourself if you have the cutting skills

that might allow you enough room without having to deal with the shifter as such.

a good fabricator metal type person could fix it up for you.


Last edited by joker; 08/19/2013 12:26 PM.

Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.