Nope, don't have the fenders on mine yet.

3500HD always had an I beam axle. I currently have a 3500HD axle under my 48 6400 but it has been narrowed about 10". You won't really fit even the big bolt fenders over that axle, its at least about 8" too wide, something like 4" of tire hanging out each side unless you narrow it or stretch fenders.
However there were step vans and RV's with independent front suspension and the 10 lug wheels (5 up front). That version sounds like what you're trying to find. I don't know if they're any narrower than the I beam axles though.


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-