I know just what Hood Latches that you are talking about. I had first thought it might have been those, but got thrown off by some of your descriptions. One would be that they actually never made a Pick-Up in this style cab. The other would be the year. Your truck should be no older than a '66, although I have discovered some indications of them being produced in '65. Not sure if they were just factory proto-types or if the public actually got any. I would double-check your numbers. If you actually do have a '65, in my opinion you have a very rare truck.

Back to the Hood Latches, I had the same ones and the same problem with my '67 GMC 7500, which had the same Hood and Latches your truck has. Luckily my truck had 1 good Latch on each side. The second one I just fastened the best I could.

There may be some new ones floating around somewhere in the US, but they will be very hard to find. You best bet is good used although they will also be a little hard to find.

You are right the truck in the picture has different Latches for some reason. I could not find a quick example of the correct ones.

Also the model identification is a little complicated on these style trucks. Unstead of having one identifying letter, like the B-Model has, it has a few different ones depending on size of the truck. I would have to research what your truck is, but an example of a 9500 would be a J. The 9500 Extended Hood truck would be MH.

Post a picture of your truck if you can.

Bill


'60-'72 Chev/GMC Fan
GMC 9500 Fan
Detroit Diesel Fan