Bolters,

Please hit the links to some photos below. I am trying to start a 216 that hasn't run since 1993. The engine spins freely. I pulled the distributor to snoop around inside. I found the underside of the metal plate that the points and condenser attach to is scored in a circular pattern. Also, there appears to be a small spring missing. And last but not least, the black plastic piece that insulates the wire from the coil to the points and condenser is broken. Is this distributor done? Does anyone have a source for the spring and black plastic piece? Any idea why the metal piece is scored? This truck only has about 20,000 miles on it. Is it acceptable to immerse a distributor in a parts washer to get rid of years of gunk? Any suggestions for a good rebuilding company?

My distributor: http://www.pbase.com/amtrakjoe/image/151600841

I need one of these: http://www.pbase.com/amtrakjoe/image/151600842

Am I missing a spring here: http://www.pbase.com/amtrakjoe/image/151600844

Scored surface: http://www.pbase.com/amtrakjoe/image/151600846

Last edited by amtrakjoe; 07/30/2013 10:51 PM.

1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"
Link to a few photos

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well.