Thanks a million for the informative replies. I know that what I NEED to do is put in a new harness. This information will help me to keep going until I get the nerve to tackle the problem technically and financially.

I think I'll jump power from the gas gage to the temp gage if I can't find a PINK. (Over time, those wire colors have faded- green is pretty dang dark, red has gotten lighter, etc.) That way, I 'll KNOW that it's right, and not a hot. All my other gages work okay, so this is probably a safe option for now.

Good info on the line vs. dot gage appearance. I didn't consider that it could be a supply issue or possibly even a location issue. Maybe my truck's factory (KC) used line when others had dots, etc.

I feel comfortable enough now to order a new gage. I can't wait to get it all in!

Mucho appreciado!

Bill