This site is Wonderful!! Look forward to learning a lot here!!
Grew up on LI near NY Rte 231. Lots of cruising and great hotrods there years ago. My first ride as a '65 Chevy P'up w/ a 230 and granny 4 speed.
My Dad helped restore it as he was a body man for the NYCTA. Lots of bondo and NY Transit blue but it sure was a fun ride..
Years went by and I ended up in Chicagoland as an Air Traffic Controller.
Loved it there but in '05 things changed again when my son was diagnosed with autism. Back to the East coast we went to get the greatest quantity of services possible for him.
He's 9 now and not very verbal but one thing he can say is "Big Truck" (Daddys 98 cummins 12 valve dodge dually.) It's a good truck but not exactly the greatest for just cruising around town. (and it's quite loud!!).

I just picked up RJ's new "Big Truck". A 1946 Chevy 1 ton long bed...
I'm hoping to learn a lot here and slowly fix it up into a nice cruising truck for me and my little buddy...