At any rate...I guess what I mean by "All Original" is that we are going to be sourcing all original parts and hopefully not have to buy any remaned parts. That's the goal anyhow. Of coarse, patch panels will be used.
"All original" and "patch panels" sound odd in the same paragraph. If you have a stash of NOS parts I would save them for a truck with less evidence of molestation and not get too concerned about parts source. If it's been patched up what does that say to a future buyer?
Oh Bite me. Not building it to sell it. Building it to drive it and show it. No future buyer.
Anyhow....got the engine code confusion figured out. If you want something done right then do it yourself I guess. I was relying on someone else to look at the casting numbers then relay them to me. I went over and looked myself. The guy was reading me the serial number.
Casting #: 3835497 = 1942-53 216 inline 6
date code: E101 = May 10th, 1951
All good....so not sure about the 2" circle thingy but they must exist.
