I think that the parking lights are just different enough that that solution isn't going to work.

I can't remember why, but the parking light housing wasn't ready when they went into production for the '41 model year, so they put the same housing on that they were using on the '40 model year Pontiacs on instead. (Here's a different picture ) Then, by the time they started building the '42s they had the housings ready and they switched. The new housings screw down from the top and there's no guides or anyhing to sandwich the terminal (or wire) between the parking light housing and the headlight bucket, so it'd just flop around on the screw providing intermittent ground. (a guide of some kind would have been nice. It's hard to find those bloody holes)

What I was thinking I'd do is bring the wire up through one of the clip holes in the top of the bucket and then sink a short sheetmetal screw in. Theoretically, that should do the trick.

ETA: It works like a champ.


~#~#~#~#~
1946 Chevrolet 3600 - "Old Number Seven"

Cavalry's Here. Cavalry's a frightened guy with a rock, but it's here.