| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Nick in Manitou, Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, J Lucas, TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, papas52, 2 invisible),
120
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 1,186 | Finally got my 1955 1st Series 6400 with a 261 back on the road. Starts great, runs great with no hiccups or pops. When I come to a long grade, not really steep just long, I expect it to slow down but with the peddle smashed to the floor I continue to loose speed just to the point of having to down shift but not quite. Any thoughts on what might be the issue? Timing, carb, something else? I haven't checked the compression yet but did have a friend adjust the timing last fall. Any help or further questions would be fantastic.
Bruce | | |
| |
| |