Hi All,
I bought what is titled as a Chevy 1948 1 ton flatbed with dual wheels back in 2006 and joined this forum. I initially did a little work on it but it has been in the garage ever since. I am now wanting to restart my work on it.
I have spent two hours on the forum this evening but since I have never been very familiar with these trucks, I cannot seem to figure out the most basic things.
Although my truck is a rust bucket, I love it to death and want to keep it as original as possible as it appears that hardly anything was changed on it while it sat idle for all these years.
The first issue I need help with is the front wheels. These are 8 bolt, 6.25", 19.5" but for the life of me, even after reading and studying the tech tips and posts concerning split rims and locking rings, I cannot determine exactly what I have. Also, many posts make the statement that the original wheels can be used if they are in good shape - how would I confirm this?
Finally, concerning the wheels, what would have been the original factory finish on these?
Also, I'm glad to see a specific forum for the 1 tons!
Many thanks,
josé