I'm rebuilding a 3/4 ton GMC truck and the front pinion shaft seal on the rear end was leaking.

So here are the part #s for the new seals and parts.

Frist you will have to have a 1 5/8 thin wall socket,I got mine at auto zone for 11.00.

After removing the yoke off the front my yoke had a deep grove where the seal was so I ordered part # 99259 National repair sleeve.After installing you will have to remove the installing flange,read directions !

After that you'll have to remove the 5 bolts holding the front cup thats on the rear end that is where the seals are.

Both seals are National #s


Than you'll need two seals # 5M89 that will be the felt dust seal.

Than you'll need #411330N that will be the rubber seal.

I made my own gasket out of some very thin gasket paper to fit between the front seal cup and the rear end.

Take You're time and enjoy the build,Pete

Last edited by Pete52; 07/01/2013 1:00 PM.