Hi all,
So after reading a lot of comments on gas gauge tech, I've come to the conclusion that my original 6V gas gauge is no good. I've never seen it work before since I took the original gas tank out a while back(never used it) and have recently installed a new tank/sender. My truck HAS been converted to 12V and I did use a 12V to 6V reducer from ClassicParts.com. My multi-meter is reading 7-8 ohms at the sending unit and gas gauge terminal with about 4-5 gallons in a 16-17 gallon tank. The gauge needle does nothing with the key on/off and remains at empty. I did however notice that when the terminal wires are switched, that the needle jumps to full, but this would be wired opposite to how it should be(power going to the sending unit side). Is this typical for a gauge to read full with power going to the wrong terminal?
Thanks