| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Samantha, Forty9, texas46, Rustnut, IHPWR, Bill Hanlon, DadsFirstPickup, 32Fordpuchoptop, 1 invisible),
140
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,236 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | And that's just about exactly what I've got. I pulled the battery off the charger last night, put a little load on it to drain of any surface charge and it measures 8.48v this morning. Jerry pointed out as we've always been taught by the battery manufacturers, that the real test for a fully charged battery is the Specific Gravity. I haven't checked that yet since because of my move I CAIN'T FIND MY DANG HYDROMETER!
Looks like this little old 10A Sears and Sawbuck charger does the job on an 8v bat. just fine. Jerry also suggested the I might use a large pot to drop the voltage in the 12v mode. I might try that next time it comes up as I've got a few big pots that I picked up in my years of radio swap meets.
Well, I'm all charged up, and now I know. Denny G
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | |
| |
| |