Using SS with steel, as I said, is not as bad as SS on SS. Galling is the term for seizing together. SS on SS will gall and be real hard to get loose, so you use molly lube type products. You will not have galling with SS on steel. These compounds are lubricants for the joint. But, as I said earlier, you can use anti-seize if you want. You definitely want to use molly on the SS to SS joints. I realize you are stuck with steel nuts, steel captive nuts and steel weld nuts already on the parts. The steel nuts may rust. Any protection they had is long gone and the new harder SS bolt will dig into what's left. If you can, apply an undercoat type product to the joint after fastening. That will help keep out air and moisture. Very nice job you are doing. Great garage paint job. Looks pro.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn