Okay, Fred, it's been awhile, but I'll take a stab at your problem.
1. I seem to remember a pretty common problem on those damned AOD trannies in the Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis cars-issues with torque convertor lockup.
2. Again, it's been awhile but I
don't believe unhooking the ABS computer will "futz" anything up, it'll just throw a code.
3. As mentioned above, plugged convertors
may also be a problem...F**d has had issues with plugging on several different models in their line-something to do with degradation of the catalyist elements inside, if memory serves.
4. Wanna get online and nose around "The Wonderful World of Dearborn?"
www.inford.com 5. Final tip-might not sound nice, but here goes-F**d techs, like any other OEM, have brand specific training and diagnostic equipment at their disposal. It just might be worth a trip to the local dealer to save yourself headaches down the road. Sorry 'bout the long post, Fred, hope it helps.
Regards,
Wannabe
P.S. Let us know how things work out, wouldja? Thanks Fred.
