Thanks for the reply.
Don't know how you saw spark from rotor to dizzy term unless you have a clear dizzy?
Took the dizzy cap off with the coil lead attached. With the ignition switch on, and the rotor pressed against the center terminal, the points were opened with an insulated screwdriver. Spark was seen jumping from the rotor to the dizzy terminal.
Explain the following a different way? "A testor from the lead to the plug was checked to make sure it worked and it does".
I used an inline tester to check for fire through the lead to the plug. To make sure the tester worked, I tested it on an engine that runs and the tester worked. My point was to validate that the tester was not faulty.
6 volt systems don't have a resistor, or do they? The Line from the battery positve cable to the ammeter doesn't have one, to my recollection.
Edit:
6 volt coils don't need a ballast resistor.
Bad ground? With the dizzy? With the plugs? Your premise is worth consideration bartomos, in that the grounding during tests are primarily performed with the negative probe touched to the engine. Perhaps the dizzy's grounding isn't occurring during the actual hookup. However, on second thought, I tested the dizzy lead from the coil and touched the negative probe to the dizzy housing and the 6 volt bulb lit up.
I remember reading in one post where a Member said he had seen more bad condensors come off of the shelf than he found on cars. So, bad condensor/leads/points could be the cause.
Edit:
I've seen condensers fail out of the box.
I assume you have no engine fire up? not trying to start? not even a little? NONE of the plugs have ANY spark or just 1 and 2? Timing chain/gears. DId you do all that new stuff before you tried to start or after it would not start? Was running good last time? When was that?
The engine isn't trying to start even a little. I haven't checked ALL of the plugs for spark, but will do so. Who knows?
Timing gears/chains are being considered.
Edit:
There is no timing chain on 235's.
I tried to start the Blue Funk once everything was back together after its MVA in July of '11. Of course, it was running at the time of the accident. The only repairs I did on the engine was to replace a broken oil line connection at the block and a cracked carb base. I changed nothing on the ignition system until after I found no fire at the plugs.
Again, bartamos, I thank you for your reply and areas of consideration. I hoped I have adequately answered your inquiries.
REASON FOR EDITTING: Some quotes added after initial post was generarted to add additional information from various Searches.