been trying to search for a month now to figure out stuff. If I had '55 chevy car differential, would the center section work in my '53 GMC 1/2 ton stock rear, if I were willing to change out torque tube/trans? In other words, what if I wanted to install S-10 5 speed manual, open driveshaft, and either my entire '55 belair differential (or center section), what are my options? I want to keep my '53 GMC SWB 1/2 ton and don't mind a straight 6, I'm not going to race, but I need to be able to easily run 65 and hope for reasonable mileage. I guess my '55 belair stock rear is likely 3.08 or maybe around 3.23 (and likely open, not posi), as it came out of 265/glide 4 door sedan. But, I'm pretty sure it might be wider than stock '53 diff, which is why I'm asking can center section swap?