My Dad's Cousin Wally -- who is a State Trooper -- tells me that in order to be "Street Legal" in Michigan, I must have a horn. And by happy coincidence and possibly serendipity, My truck came with one.
There's only one caveat... the horn has to work. The horn that came with the truck does not.
My questions are:
-Can I use one of those big 6v flashlight batteries to test it? If not, How about a 6v battery charger? Yank it and hook it to the battery in the truck? (I have a 6v system in the truck)
-If it is indeed broken (and not miswired as I suspect), how do I go about repairing it?
I have exhaustivly searched the forums -- or, rather, tasked the search engine to do so for me -- and there don't seem to be any threads on the matter, nor are there any tech tips.
Any assistance anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.