I am baffled and know there's a simple answer. I have a '54 3100 5 window cab and bed mounted on a 77 frame and drivetrain. I am in the process of using the old '77 wiring harness and wires (I might have made a mistake doing that) and have encountered a problem that I can't solve. I have the majority of the wires already assigned and connected. However, when I connect directly to the battery I get nothing! If I connect to the red wire on the junction box (the one that connects directly to the main post on the alternator, everything works! So where's my problem? I have the battery cable attached directly to the starter and a purple wire on the S terminal of the solenoid. The other battery cable is attached to the frame. The purple wire goes directly into the junction box in the firewall. The ignition switch has 4 posts, Bat - St - Ign - ACC - to the Bat I have 2 Red wires, to the Ign - I have 1 orange and 1 pink wire, to the St I have a Purple/White wire and to the ACC I have a dark Brown wire. All those wires lead to the harness and the fusebox except for the purple wires which lead to a double female connector - it appears that this connector should be hooked to the lower end of the steering column that has an double male end that will accept this female end. Still with that connected nothing. Any ideas?