Something to check before you pull out your heater ...

I removed and installed the heater in my '54 three times before I figured out that it was leaking because my heater hoses were off-size. Water leaked where they joined the pipes to the core and ran down the pipes into the heater case, then onto the floor. The ID was larger than 5/8". I could easily tell when I poked my finger into one of the hoses, then did the same to a new hose. Dunno if the hose wallowed out over time or if it was always too large.


- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all