Since I've had the 1950 chevy truck, the tranny has been dropping out of third into neutral. I had the tranny rebuilt by an experience mechanic who's rebuilt hundreds of transmission. So I think his work is good. I reinstalled the tranny, adjusted and readjusted and verified the shifter linkage was set up properly as per manual. Grommets at the shifter arm levers were also replaced and it will shift quite well on all gears. Yet it still drops out of 3rd. The "shifter swivel lever" for the 3rd gear slides on a post/shaft and there's quite a bit of play 1/2" or so. It does not slide off because there's a retainer clip at the end of the post/shaft. Should there be a spacer or a spring to reduce the swivel lever from moving that much? Does anyone have pictures? I'm at lost as to why it's still dropping out of 3rd gear and sure wouldn't want to remove the tranny once again if the problem is somewhere else. Dan